Wednesday, August 21, 2013

FOOD SUGGESTION OF THE DAY: SQUID WITH BURST CHERRY TOMATOES AND BEEF TERIYAKI

I needed to salvage myself from death by boredom. Good thing I got some cherry tomatoes from the supermarket and I saved some fresh squid from last night's menu. Tada, Squid with Burst Cherry Tomatoes.



Well, the cherry tomatoes over blistered and juiced but the broth was awesome. I used malt vinegar instead of white wine vinegar. It's a good break from just being used on fish and chips.


I don't think this is a stand alone dish so I had to think of another one to complete the menu, the easiest I could think of: Beef Teriyaki.

I make mine from scratch: marinade beef (the thinnest lean) on mirin, kikkoman, wasabi, grated ginger, honey and  garlic.


This is always a hit and whatever left over we have can be made breakfast with just a pairing of eggs in the morning. I used dark sesame seeds and omitted the spring onions.


So cooking the two dishes kept me afloat for a bit and now I'm preparing to be idle again.  Haay! Rain go away!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment