Wednesday, June 12, 2013

FOOD SUGGESTION OF THE DAY: FOCACCIA

Focaccia anyone?


I didn't want to work so I thought of something else to do. Maybe I can do my own bread. So I started my dough. After doing the math for half a recipe for a baguette, full loaf and a focaccia, obviously, I was not able to get it right so I added and added more flour until it was soft and gummy.


After almost thirty minutes, my dough looked like the above picture, it has to sit for an hour till it doubles the size, turn it inside out so the yeast will spread and let stand for another hour. I added fresh rosemary to this one. I halved the dough and made this rosemary cheddar focaccia sprinkled with sea salt.


Then the other half I made basil and brie. Both should stand for another hour. Heated the oven put dimples and fork pinched the basil and brie, put olive oil before it went in.


Wait till it's brown or your desired bread colour or toast it. Viola!



This is the freshly baked Rosemary Cheddar Focaccia. I made myself the traditional dip but I made this with my homemade chilli olive oil, truffle oil, balsamic vinegar and parmesan cheese.



I like the Brie and Basil Focaccia better. Both are yummy, nothing beats freshly baked breads.


Thanks to the cub who held my mixer and the arte niece for sprinkling flour on my work table.


The house smells sooo good! Independence day bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment